Why should I purchase a new heating or air conditioning system?
At Economy Heating – Air Conditioning – Plumbing, we know that systems are a huge investment. However, in order to be as comfortable as can be in your home, purchasing a system can offer major long-term benefits. If your existing system is old, it likely isn’t performing efficiently or offering you the most value. Purchasing a new one and understanding how to maintain it properly can save you a lot of money in the long run.
How long will my system last?
Most systems have a life expectancy of 10-20 years. As systems get older, their efficiency decreases drastically. If you hear your system making noises or find it needs repair more often, it’s time to think about your two best options: repairing or replacing. Since heating and cooling technologies can improve over time, a new system designed with newer, more energy-efficient equipment makes sense, especially for systems 7 years or older. Economy Heating – Air Conditioning – Plumbing, can provide a FREE estimate for a new system and the money you will save with lower utility bills.
How can I reduce my energy costs?
We want to help you make the most cost-effective decisions. In order to reduce energy costs, you have several options:
- Upgrades: Installing a new a high-efficiency system can cut your electricity bill by one-third.
- Adjustments: Adjusting the temperature can make a big difference when it comes to saving. Turning your temperature down in the winter and higher in the summer when you’ll be out of the house for several hours can help you save energy and cut costs, while still keeping your comfortable.
- Maintenance: Tuning up your cooling and heating systems at the start of each season will help ensure each unit operates at effectively. Technicians are able to identify and resolve and potential issues at that time and help prevent future breakdowns.
- Shutting vents – Close vents in rooms you don’t frequent as often so you aren’t spending money cooling rooms that are less-used.
- Installing a programmable thermostat – A programmable thermostat enables you to control your home’s temperature when you are away and asleep. For every 1 degree you lower your thermostat for seven hours per day, you can save approximately one percent on your heating bill.
Will a larger system perform better?
No, you want an air conditioner and furnace that fits the proper size of your home. An oversized unit can cool and warm your home faster, but it will use more energy and remove humidity inadequately. In addition, the ductwork will not be able to support the airflow, it will have short run cycles, extra moisture will be left in the air and can create mold and mildew problems and the constant start and stop of your system will increase the wear and tear.
How do I know if I need to replace instead of repair?
If a unit requires frequent repairs or breaks down, fails to heat or cool areas of your home, runs excessively or constantly starts and stops or produces high utility bills needs to be replaced.
How do I know which system is right for me?
For a complete, accurate size of an HVAC system, you will need a certified technician to have a detailed load calculation and evaluation of your home performed. Schedule this service for FREE by visiting our website: http://economyheatingandair.com/schedule/.
How do I know if I need a new heating and cooling system?
Our expert technicians can visit your home for a FREE consultation to examine the right system for your needs. Sometimes a new HVAC system can solve the problem, but other times there are underlying issues that need to be addressed in order to achieve the highest level of efficiency with a new unit.
Can I receive a price without an in-home evaluation?
Every system and every home is different. We can’t provide a quote over the phone because our pricing varies based on your needs and conditions in your home. One of our friendly and qualified technicians are happy to come to your home to conduct an evaluation.
Can I only replace the outdoor unit on an older air conditioning system to save money?
We recommend you always replace the indoor cooling coil with the outdoor unit. Replacing only the outdoor unit will lower the efficiency of the unit and potentially cost you hundreds in the long run. It can also lead to system failure sooner and most manufacturers’ warranties will be voided.
Do I need to have my ductwork replaced?
70% of all homes with central air have poorly installed ductwork. Ducts that are not properly sealed or insulated fail to get the hot or cool air where you want it, ultimately costing you more money. Before investing in a new system, our expert technicians will check your ducts and include specific recommendations in so you can find the most comfort in your home.
Will I need a permit?
Permit requirements vary by location. If it’s required, Economy Heating – Air Conditioning – Plumbing will obtain a permit.