This winter has given us more than our share of rain, wind and freezing temperatures. Now is the perfect time to inspect the exterior of your home for potential damage. During this time of inspection, recovery from the winter and preparation for the summer; our air conditioning systems are often overlooked.
Here are a few maintenance tasks that you can perform and a list that should be performed by a trained technician.
• Remove leaves and other debris from around the outdoor air conditioning unit
• Replace or clean the air filter in the furnace
• Replace the batteries in the thermostat (if applicable)
A trained technician should complete the following:
• Disassemble the outdoor unit to remove debris from the inside the cabinet (mice often build nests in the electrical compartments)
• Thoroughly clean the outdoor coil
• Inspect the wiring for coating issues (mice love to chew on wires)
• Confirm electrical connections are tight
• Inspect motors, contactors, capacitors and other electrical components
• Check electrical voltage and amperage readings
• Flush and purge condensation drains
• Inspect and clean the indoor cooling coil
• Ensure proper refrigerant charge
• Verify for proper air flow and temperature
This planned maintenance will allow your cooling system to operate at peak performance and efficiency. Any concerns about the reliability of your air conditioning system should be discussed at this time. Our highly-trained technicians will provide recommendations to enhance the performance, reliability, and efficiency of your comfort system. Please contact Anita at 317-831-5279 to schedule an appointment to get your home ready for the summer heat. Don’t wait until it is HOT to find out that you are not prepared!